With nearly 30 years of experience in the beauty obsessed film industry, Emmy award-winning producer Jane Iredale created her mineral makeup line in 1994 after witnessing firsthand the damaging effects of applying synthetic and oil-based makeup products to sensitive facial skin. Using only organic ingredients, Iredale partnered with respected dermatologists and plastic surgeons around the world to create foundations that provide even coverage without masking the skin, and other cosmetics that work to bring out the natural beauty of women without clogging or damaging pores. read more...
Since 1994, Jane Iredale has supplied women with makeup that not only looks good, but is good for their skin. After a long career in the entertainment industry, founder and president of Iredale Mineral Cosmetics, Jane Iredale, saw how actresses and models struggled with the ill-effects of the makeup they wore. Knowing that they depended on clear complexions for their careers, Jane was inspired to create the Jane Iredale line of cosmetics.
Because makeup is such a vital part of a woman’s sense of well-being, Jane Iredale products are multi-functional, containing foundation, powder, concealer and sunscreen in one easy to use product. The goal is to offer products that look good, feel good and are good for the skin.
Everything developed by Jane Iredale is conducive to healthy skin. It’s not just a refinement of conventional makeup, but also a new technology so effective it is recommended by plastic surgeons, dermatologists and skincare professionals worldwide.
Jane Iredale products are non-comedogenic (won’t block pores), protect skin from outside pollutants and have anti-inflammatory properties. Products contain no artificial fragrances, colors or oils that can cause skin irritation and users actually report an improvement in their skin’s appearance with continued use. Jane Iredale products are recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation for their protection from both UVA and UVB rays.
Because the sun knows no season, and it is recommended that everyone wear sunscreen every day, Jane Iredale has created five products that have been awarded the Skin Cancer Foundation Seal of Recommendation as effective UV sunscreen. These products include:
- Amazing Base Loose – This product contains an SPF 20 and combines a concealer, foundation and sunscreen all in one. With 100 percent light diffusing, soft-focus minerals, and no oil, talc, FD&C dyes or parabens that cause skin irritation, Amazing Base Loose has a much wider color tolerance than most makeup. You’ll never see where it begins and ends.
- Dream Tint – This amazing product hydrates skin, prevents moisture loss and creates a soft texture that looks good alone or as a primer for a mineral base. The tinted, good-for-the-skin formula diminishes the look of large pores and fine lines and comes in five shades; all including an SPF 15.
- Lip Drink SPF 15 – This all-natural sun-blocking lip balm contains no petroleum, moisturizes lips and protects them from hot and cold. The tangy citrus taste is truly a drink for the lips.
- Powder-Me SPF – Jane Iredale’s Powder-Me SPF is an all-over dry sunscreen, available in three shades, that provides broad spectrum SPF 30 and water resistant (up to 40 minutes) protection. Once applied, the dry formula won’t run and is ideal for the face, scalp and body.
- PurePressed Base – Another all in one product, PurePressed Base has an SPF 30 and contains no oil, talc, FD&C dyes or parabens that cause skin irritation. Light diffusing, soft-focus minerals have a much wider color tolerance than most makeup and the addition of antioxidants help fight free radical damage on the skin’s surface.
In addition to these Skin Cancer Foundation recommendations, Jane Iredale carries a wide variety of products to conceal, enhance and beautify the face. Many of the products are available in convenient kits for easy portability. All Jane Iredale products are all natural, containing none of the chemicals, oils, or artificial fragrances found in most commercial makeup. Every product is beneficial to the skin.
Jane Iredale pledges to provide a product line that has the utmost integrity and the ability to enhance the lives of women through its effectiveness, simplicity and beauty.